Saturday, June 11, 2016

3 Different Pillow Case (C2C)

Once you learn how to C2C crochet, it is very easy to quickly make up blankets and other things. Before trying a Corner to Corner blanket I decided to start small and make pillow cases. In this post I am going to show you how to make three different pillow cases.

First Pillow Case:
To start I went with simple. I picked one colour that I liked that matched the living room furniture. You can choose whatever colour you want.

This is Red Heart Super Saver and the colour is called Buff. This square is 23 x 23, because that is what fit my pillow. It is always a great idea to measure what size you need and make your panels accordingly. If you don't have a specific pillow in mind and still want to crochet this I recommend at least a 20 x 20 square. 

When making a pillow you have to remember you need two panels (one for each side). Once you have the two panels you need to put them together. The way you do this is up to you. You can either put them together the way you would sew granny squares together around three sides or you can finish them off with an edge. Whatever you do, make sure you leave one section open!


I finished mine off with a little edge of single crochet and I left the edge facing outside, you can always turn it inside out and then sew in the final side. 


Second Pillow Case: 
For this next one I decided to try a simple pattern. You can design these yourself by making a square the size you're making (for this one I did 20 x 20) and then adding in whatever pattern you want. I decided just to do a simple pattern with diagonal lines. (Here is a great youtube video on how to do a C2C colour change)


THIS POST WILL BE EDITED WHEN THE OTHER PROJECTS ARE FINISHED!

No comments:

Post a Comment