Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Colour Change

As I go through these posts I realize I never made a blog about how to do a colour change when crocheting. The way I do a colour change is very simple, and I won't post too many pictures but I will post a link to the youtube video I watched when learning what to do (Video Here).

The thing to remember when doing a colour change is to never finish your stitch. No matter what stitch you do you want to remember to never finish it. In the case of a single crochet stitch you would go threw your stitch, yarn over pull through and stop there before finishing the stitch. In the case of a double you would yarn over, go through the stitch, pull through the first two stitches on your hook and stop there.

This is where you would do the colour change.

To do the colour change you want to leave a long tail on the second colour, make a loop (not a knot) and then pull it through the two stitches. Pull everything tight and continue on working. 

No comments:

Post a Comment