Friday, November 24, 2017

Round Scrubbers!

This pattern is one that I made myself. I don't often make patterns myself but I do try to experiment from time to time. For Christmas I experimented with Cotton yarns to make dishcloths for the family and Red Heart Scrubby. I created these things myself they have the scrubby in the middle and the cotton around so they are the best of both. You can however make it all cotton, all scrubby or all cotton and scrubby or just do what I did. Either way this pattern should work. (Comments in brackets will be to make the smaller size).

Start with a ring or magic ring. 
(To make ring: Chain 4 stitches, slip stitch into first stitch and chain one)

Place 8 double crochets into the circle (8 half doubles), slip stitch into the chain of the first row. Chain one. (For the small scrubber, drop the scrubby if you are using it.)

Place 2 double crochets (2 half double crochets) in each stitch. Slip stitch into the chain that began the row.Drop the scrubby if you are using it. Chain one.

Place 1 double crochet (1 half double crochet) in the first stitch, place 2 double crochets (2 half double crochets) in the next stitch, continue until the end. (Alternating one, two, one two all the way around).  Slip stitch into chain. 

For the small scrubber you would finish here. 

For medium scrubber: 
Chain one. Place one double crochet in each stitch. Slip stitch into chain. Finish here. 

For Large Scrubber: 
Chain one. Place one double crochet in each stitch. Slip stitch into chain. Repeat until desired size. 


No comments:

Post a Comment