Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Wednesday Review - Plastic Needles

When I started creating graphgans I didn't realize just how many ends or tails you have to sew in when you are done! (Yes, I wait until the end to sew in all my tails, just in case.) I didn't have much experience with sewing or needles at that time and even know I poke my finger a lot with a regular needle. Also, I find regular needles get hard on the hands. There are pluses and minuses to having plastic needles and regular needles. The minuses with regular needles is that they hurt if you miss and poke yourself with them. The plastic needles have blunt ends so they won't hurt and they are safer. But there is a trade-off. With plastic needles, they are larger sometimes and they don't glide as well as a normal needle does.  




No comments:

Post a Comment