Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Knitting Tutorial - How to Knit

 I am sticking with Yay for Yarn for these tutorials. I find that if you respond to one person's teachings, you will thrive that way. She is simply the person I learned with so if you don't learn well with her that is understandable. There are many other people on Youtube with knitting tutorials and one of them may help you better.


Anyway, I have learned that there are two different ways to knit. One is called the English Style and another is called Continental Style. Personally, I find the Continental style much easier, while my Mom finds the English Style easier. Again, there is no right or wrong was that I know of or have heard, it is simply what is more comfortable for you. I think anyone who crochets will find the Continental Style easier, anyone starting out may find the English one easier. Either way, both are discussed in the video below.


Since I learned more about the Continental style, I am going to comment more on those. But keep in mind that they work around the same theory it is simply different viewpoints and motions. I personally hold my working yarn like I am crocheting. Then I let the needle in my dominant hand (right), do the work. I scoop up the working yarn and come back through the loop as if it was a crochet stitch.


Here is another video from Yay for Yarn that takes a more in-depth look at Continental Knitting.



No comments:

Post a Comment