Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Multipurposed Foods

 Today we are going to look at foods in general that can serve multipurpose. One of my favourite "tricks" is to use old bread (not mouldy, just stale), and make croutons with it. You can use any bread you have leftover, usually, I aim for a baguette or crusty bread, but regular bread works fine too. You can add whatever you like to the bread, I coat them lightly in oil and add salt, pepper, garlic salt or powder. But you don't have to you can simply bake it and use it. The key is to make sure they don't burn but they get crunch (you may have to cut them up really small depending on the bread). This also works great with Na'ans and thick pitas too.


Another great tip I like is using fruits in your salads. This is a great way to use up some fruits you haev laying around and some lettuce that you may not have anything else to go with. I love throwing an apple into a salad, with some seeds, or an orange even is a nice citrusy addition.


Omelettes are another thing I just love. It's not a trick really but you can add almost any leftovers to an omelette. They have "Westerns" which is ham, and onion, even cheese if you'd like. I personally love taking leftover steak and mushrooms, even potatoes if I have it and adding it to my omelette. I even add shrimp sometimes!



No comments:

Post a Comment