Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Bulk Cooking - Potatoes

 So today we are really going to look at can you make potatoes in bulk. You would think the answer would be absolutely not. However, it can be. Again, the key question here is "Why would you want to." If you have absolutely no time, this is a great way to make meals ahead of time and they are really delicious. But if you can make them fresh probably you would.


Today we are going to talk about roasted potatoes. I have a post about mashed potatoes and how to use up leftovers at Thanksgiving time so be sure to keep an eye out for that. So roasted potatoes are simple. I just add oil to them and put spices on them and roast them in the oven. Of course, this makes a great side dish to a meal. But there are anyways to use them up after the fact.

So when I have leftover potatoes (usually I do this when I have roasted pork - with carrots), I dice it up as small as I can, and I add in some meat. Again I usually dice up pork with it, but you can use any ground meat you have (ground sausage, ground beef, corned beef) and make a hash out of it.

So here is a look at the Hash. Again I usually do this with leftovers so there wasn't much to have as a meal. But it makes a great meal with toast or a quick side of breakfast or any other meal. This is a salad with a pork chop!


My last idea for potatoes is an omelet. This may be a little simple (you can throw almost anything in an omelet) but it is very delicious and filling. We shared a recipe for a breakfast sandwich that also included potatoes, but a simple omelet can be made with potatoes also. This is very filling also so, it is a great alternative to meat.



No comments:

Post a Comment