Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Review Wednesday - HelloFresh Week 18

 This week we had three salads! That is one thing I like about HelloFresh is that you get a different meal every day. Which makes it easier to eat salad three days in a row because they are all different. One salad was a Kale Salad, one had Winter Greens and one had Mixed Greens, so it was completely different and the additives were completely different too so that made a world of difference. The first one we had was Lemony Chicken and Mushrooms (with a Summer Kale Caesar Salad), next was a Warm Steak Salad with Squash and Winter Greens, and finally, we had a Falafel Platter with Roasted Potatoes and Garlic Hummus Drizzle (Mixed Greens).



So we started with the Lemony Chicken and Mushroom Salad. It was very good actually, there isn't much to say about it. I was a little suspicious about the dressing they had me make. All it was was Mayo, Lemon Juice, Garlic, and Parm Cheese, but it was really good actually! I was impressed. The only change I made was we enjoy our chicken breaded instead of pan-fried. But that is it, and that is just a personal preference.


Next was the Warm Steak Salad with Squash and Winter Greens. This one was pretty good too actually! I am really surprised all these salads are so good so far. They had a Balsamic Vinaigrette for this one and I decided to add Mayo to it. Mayo is slowly turning into my secret weapon when it comes to these not so great salad dressings!


(Note this is what the full salad looked like with only one serving of steak.)

And finally, we have the Falafel Platter. I had never had Falafel before starting HelloFresh, and the first time I had it was in a Mediterranian Salad and it was very good. So I was sure I would enjoy this one also. Again, I split this up into two servings. This was my first time trying Hummus and I enjoyed it very much. I am not sure as a dip but as part of a salad dressing, it was really good.


You will notice I added pieces of chicken to this salad. That's just because I had them leftover. When you are used to meats, it is hard to not have them for a meal, so I just added the leftovers in here. It also made the salad go farther.

No comments:

Post a Comment