Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Hello Fresh - Week 21

 This week was the week of March 23rd. Again it was at the beginning of the pandemic and the precautions being taken. So it was also the time that people went nuts. There was no meat like anywhere and that was when HelloFresh really helped. For us, all we could find was frozen meat. And even then that was hard to find. We ended up buying boxes of frozen pre-made hamburger patties. So anytime we ordered burgers from HelloFresh we replaced the meat with the frozen hamburger patties and saved the ground beef for other meals. So that won't be something I can comment on for a little. But they are the same thing, these meals are more about what goes on them. So the taste wasn't lost.


This week the meals were Hearty Steak and Potato Hash, Caramelized Onion Burgers, and Sun-Dried Tomato and Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken.


Today we had the Hearty Steak and Potato Hash with Smoky Ketchup. Let me start off by saying that the "Smoky Ketchup" was just ketchup, plum sauce, and paprika. I don't really call that "Smoky Ketchup", to me Smoky Ketchup is BBQ Sauce. Either way, I didn't make it because I thought that would take away from the dish. I did use some of the paprika on the vegetables though and I did enjoy that. I think alone without the steak it would make a great warm potato salad.


Next, we had the Sun-dried Tomato and Goat Cheese Stuff Chicken with Roasted Potatoes and Broccoli. To be honest with you the photo didn't look appealing at all. At this point, people had been buying up HelloFresh and they could barely keep up we kind of had to take what we could get. So I made a few changes to it. I HATE the sun-dried tomatoes, I tried them the last time they came with a recipe and they were gross, they tasted like raisins. So I didn't use those. I decided to make a hash of sorts just like the first meal. I baked the potatoes and cooked the broccoli and I mixed them together. I chopped up the chicken and mixed it in and added the Goat Cheese on top. I don't know if the original would have tasted good or not, but I know what I made tasted amazing.


And finally, we had the Caramelized Onion Burger with Garlic Aioli and Baked Cauliflower "Frites". We have had this one before, and like I said we substituted the meat in it. So nothing fancy, and it was good. Normally I would complain about how it really isn't worth the money you spend but in this case it absolutely was.



No comments:

Post a Comment