Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Review Wednesday - HelloFresh (Week 22)

 This week you will notice that I didn't take a photo of all the bags together. With the pandemic and safety at the forefront, I didn't want to put the bags on our counters just in case. So they went right into the fridge and the food came right out of the bag and got washed (when needed). We also decided to start ordering five meals instead of three. This was mainly because it was hard to get meat at this time and HelloFresh seemed like a great way to be guaranteed fresh meat and produce. So this week we had Montreal-Spiced Bacon-Wrapped Steak with Garlic Beans and Creamy Mash, Roasted Shawarma Chicken and Squash Freekeh with Tomato Herb Salad and Lemon Garlic Sauce, Lemon Chicken and Goat Cheese with Crisp Pear, Arugula and Citrus Vinaigrette, Steak Spiced Burgers with Disco Fries, and Chorizo Burrito Bowl with Avocado Pico de Gallo and Cilantro-Lime Rice.


So our first meal was the Montreal-Spiced Bacon-Wrapped Steak. We have had this before and you may remember it didn't go well the first time! So we cooked the bacon and steak separately this time. Again, this bacon was corn cob smoked bacon, and my Picky Eater (PE) can't eat that. I have never heard of corn cob smoked anything in my life before these things and I really don't think that's a very common thing.


My PE also doesn't eat vegetables especially potatoes so that was all mine as well. I put them on separate plates just to show the portions before dividing them up into two meals.

Next, we had Roasted Shawarma Chicken and Squash Freekeh. I wouldn't say this tasted like Shawarma. It did have some of the spices though but it wasn't exactly like you would get in the restaurant. The Lemon Garlic Sauce they had me make was a quick Toum ish (Lebanese Garlic Sauce) recipe and it was good in a pinch also. The only real complaint I had about this dish is that the sides were small. My PE doesn't eat anything except the chicken in this bag, so there was enough for me, but as you can see from the plate below, there wasn't much Freekeh or Salad.


After this one we had (or I should say, I had) the Chorizo Burrito Bowl. It was very good, it kind of reminded me of a taco salad, just add some chips and it 100% would have been. It was very good and very filling. What I do when it is just me eating (and it makes sense), is I make the whole thing in a container and than eat what I want for supper, throw a cover on it and eat the rest for lunch the next day. And that's what you see here.


So, Steak Spiced Burgers was next, and as I said at the beginning of this post, we started changing out the ground beef for frozen hamburger patties. So I didn't take a photo of the finished product but of how the burger should have looked with the toppings. I also didn't make the fries, I really wasn't in the mood for the "Disco Fries" which was code for a poutin with shredded cheese.


And finally, this Lemon Chicken and Goat Cheese Salad. Of course it was delicious. I have had it a few times now and loved it. And that is why I keep getting it, the Pear and Arugula and Lemon and the tangy goat cheese just go so well together. Definitely one I would recommend.


No comments:

Post a Comment