Sunday, June 6, 2021

Writing Challenge Week 12

 Today we are discussing something very simple and often overlooked. Some writers don't bother planning out there stories. I must admit I am one of those. I simply write and than I worry about it all later. But some people plan everything before they write. Personally, I do think that having a layout is a wonderful idea, I just don't always think it has to come first.

First, we are going to talk about the planner. This type of writer plans everything. Chapter by chapter, section by section. And there is nothing wrong with that. It can be very efficient and help keep a writer on track.

The second type of writer is the fly by the seat of your pants type. Personally, I write when I can. All too often something comes up or writer's block hits, so when I have something to write, I go to town. Once I get stuck or have reached a certain point, than I go back and look at my writing and my story as a whole. I believe once you have a sense of where you are going, filling out these forms whether it is an idea web, or a layout or whatever other organizer there is.

So today's challenge is to fill out a layout. I am going to us a simple one for my example. You can follow this example or find one you prefer online. You can fill it out with an idea you have or with something you have written already!

No comments:

Post a Comment