Monday, August 9, 2021

Chicken Fajitas

There are a million and one ways to make Fajitas, and there is no wrong way. But they are a great meal to start out with and it is easy to turn leftovers into something new. Personally, I made my Fajitas in the crockpot when I have time but they are super simple to make on the stove also or in the oven.


First I get the vegetables chopped, I do 1 Red Bell Pepper, 1 Yellow Bell Pepper and 1 Habanero. The reason I pick Red and Yellow Bell Peppers is so that you can easily tell the spicy pepper and avoid it if you choose (or if you're feeding your children and they don't handle heat well - it is also so that you don't get all Habaneros on your Fajita). I also do two medium onions (or one large one) and throw them into the crockpot. To this, I add the Fajita Premix package (follow their steps for water), along with Salt, Pepper and some Tony's Cajun Seasoning (adding Hot Sauce is also optional if you like a kick).


If you are adding pre-cooked chicken, I pull the chicken first and then add it in about an hour into the cooking process. If you are starting with raw chicken, I panfry the chicken first (with the skin), and then place them in the crockpot with everything else. Cook on Low for 4 hours, making sure the chicken is fully cooked before taking it off. Once the chicken is done, pull it away from the bone and assemble Fajitas.

No comments:

Post a Comment