Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Leftover Makeover - Chicken Fajitas

 Chicken Fajitas is one of those dishes that can be transformed into so many different things. For something simple, instead of chicken, using the leftover vegetables and adding Shrimp, or Steak would make great fajitas. Also, using the vegetables (and adding others if desired), would make a great stir fry (with or without meat). One of my favourite things to do is make sandwiches.


My favourite is to slice a precooked sausage (I like Johnsonville but whatever you like is fine - you can even use uncooked as long as you keep in mind their cook time will differ). I pan fry the sausage to get a little colour to them. And I add the already cooked vegetables to the pan to warm them. This makes perfect Sausage and Pepper Sandwiches (and if I don't have buns or bread, I enjoy eating it just like that or with some cooked cabbage).



If I have leftover steak or meat from my French Dip Sandwiches, I also like making some quick Philly Cheesesteaks. You simply heat the steak and peppers (I usually dice them for this) and then add them to a toasted bun. I add sliced cheese when I am at home and melt it in the oven. If I don't want to use the oven, I heat up some Nacho Cheese and add that.

No comments:

Post a Comment