Wednesday, August 25, 2021

HelloFresh Review - Week 31

This week we had the same issue with chicken. One was not bad, but the other package was rotten again. Frankly, I think we are going to have to start freezing some of this meat because it just isn't lasting the week. This may have been the heat (this was in June of 2020), but still, it should last (that's their claim), but it doesn't always stay good.


So first we had the Beef Patties with Onion Gravy. Again this one wasn't really worth the money, it was a nice change-up though but you can easily make this one at home for cheaper. There was supposed to have roasted potatoes with it but I turned them into a creamy mashed potato instead. I just felt like that went better with the gravy they had me make. I also didn't add the onions to the gravy, I pan-fried them and added them to the meat like a Salisbury steak type thing.



Next, we had Lemon Chicken with Couscous. This one is one of my favourites, when I see it I always pick it. Again super simple but this one is one I probably wouldn't make at home so it is worth getting in the HelloFresh boxes. It is a chicken breast with Lemon Pepper seasonings and it is then on a bed of Israeli Couscous with roasted Zucchini and Red Peppers. And it is topped with Feta cheese (and I give a squeeze of Lemon Juice over it).



We did try something new this week though. This one was called Mexican Pork Stew. And what it was was basically chili but with beef strips instead of ground beef. It was okay, but unfortunately, the Pork was really large and it was hard to eat that way. That's the only thing I would do differently is to chop up the meat.



And finally, even though I know the hamburgers are a waste of money for our family, the truth is it is hard to find five meals that everyone eats every week. There really won't be five meals that your whole family will enjoy. So sometimes we have to pick hamburgers just as default or get stuck with someone no one would eat. So this week that burger was Steak Spiced Burgers.



No comments:

Post a Comment