Wednesday, September 1, 2021

HelloFresh Review - Week 32

 This is week 32 of our HelloFresh journey. This week we had five meals. Again it was a time when COVID was at its peak and we weren't sure what the food situation would be like, especially in a small town. So we kept our five meal subscription. This week we had Southwestern Style Pork Tacos, Pork Schnitzel Patties, Pulled Chicken Sliders, Father's Day Grilled Special (it was June), and Pulled Pork Pizza.


So the first one we had was the BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza with Poblanos and Creamy Kale Slaw. I chose this because we all like Pulled Pork and who doesn't like Pizza. We always get the box for two people, but the flatbreads they sent for this meal was so big we fed three people and had leftovers so it could have easily fed four adults or two parents and children. It a.so came with a nice Kale Salad which was delicious (as you can see it was not the freshes salad but it was still fine - it definitely would not have made the week though).



Next, we had the Pulled Chicken Sliders with Tangy Cabbage Slaw. They are super simple and this is one of the ones that you could easily buy all the stuff yourself and make at home. They sent about 12 buns in this so it was very easy to make enough for 3 people. And there was enough slaw that if you wanted to add another thigh you could easily feed another person also. The last time we had this, it didn't make enough chicken for all 12 buns, but this time it did so maybe they adjusted that. The only change I made was I added more ketchup to the chicken mixture and I added more mayo to the slaw. It was very good and we would definitely have it again.



Finally, we had the Father's Day Grilled Steak and Balsamic Onionswith Summer Salad and Cheesy Garlic Bread. I didn't have the garlic bread so I didn't take the photo with it, but I heard it was good. I also didn't make the Balsamic Onions instead I used them in the salad and used the Balsamic Vinegar for the salad dressing. I am pretty sure we paid extra for this, because they always ask you to pay extra for their specials. The year before this we got the same special but it had shrimp so, probably wasn't worth it this year. But it was good.



And next was the Pork Schnitzel Patties with Warm Brussels Salad. This one I did a bit differently. I didn't cook the Kale as they suggested. I thought this would make the Kale too overpowering with the Brussels Sprouts for my Mom who was also eating this meal. I stand by my decision it was absolutely delicious and she loved them. But in reality, you really didn't need to cook the Brussels Sprouts either you could just dice that up and toss it with the Kale. Which is something we do often. Brussels Sprouts are like mini Cabbages so chances are if you like raw cabbage you will like them raw.


And finally, the Southwestern Style Pork Tacos with Tomato Lime Salsa and Cheddar Cheese. The only thing I really changed about this is that it came with a side salad, and instead I put it on the tacos. But these again were super simple to make, and you could probably get all the ingredients and do it yourself at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment