Wednesday, September 8, 2021

HelloFresh Review - Week 33

 This week we have five more recipes from HelloFresh. I am pretty sure we tried a few of these already but we obviously enjoyed them. That's one thing I really wanted to address. They say that they have so much variety and they do if you like everything they offer. If you don't like certain meats or are picky about spices and stuff like this, you will end up eating the same thing multiple times. This week we had BBQ Dry-Rub Chicken, Smoky Beef Cheeseburgers, Fattoush Salad with Roasted Chickpeas, Chicken and Pear Waldorf Salad, and Dry Rub Pork Chops.


First, we had Smoky Beef Cheeseburgers with Spiced Potato Wedges, Caramelized Onion and BBQ Mayo. I feel it is important to say that their burgers are good, but I would never buy it under regular circumstances. These boxes are a lot of money, and you can easily make a hamburger and fries at home. We did this during COVID mostly because we were concerned about availability at our grocery stores. One thing with these recipes is that they can customize them, for example, I was the only one that eat my hamburger as they suggest (minus the cheese because I am Lactose Intolerant), so that is nice, but it also means that it would be cheaper just to do what your family has always done. The "Spice Potato Wedges" were fine, I cut them up much smaller so they would cook quicker, but I didn't find that they had much flavour at all.


Next, we had Chicken and Pear Waldorf Salad with Creamy Green onion and Yogurt Dressing. I had never had a Waldorf Salad before and I am really not usually a fan of pear or grapes. But I enjoyed this salad. I did not warm the grapes as the recipe suggested and I think that was a good call (it's just personal preference anyway). I wish that there would have been more Walnuts or that the chunks were bigger, but that's really my only complaint. I loved that they had me made the croutons, it is unfortunate that it didn't come with any spices but they turned out great as always.


After this salad, we had the other salad, the Fattoush Salad with Roasted Chickpeas, Spiced Pita and Feta Cheese. Now to call this a salad is a little misleading. There was no lettuce or greens at all with this. So if you don't enjoy all the other elements of this dish, I suggest getting a small salad and adding it to this dish. Besides that, it was delicious as always.



Now the last two meals I, unfortunately, didn't get to eat. I wasn't home for the Dry Rub Pork Chop and the Dry Rubbed Chicken never got made because the chicken was rotten. Unfortunately for a long time, HelloFresh struggles with their chicken. It isn't the first time or the last time that we got rotten chicken and had to make other plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment