Friday, December 22, 2017

Freebie Friday - Blanket Stitch Blanket

This week for Freebie Friday I am sharing my Blanket Stitch Blanket pattern. I first made this as a wedding present and I added the ribbon to match the wedding theme. 

So for this blanket, you can use any hook you want, I recommend a 5 mm or 5.5 mm but that is up to you. The size, colour, and yarn is up to you. I used just plain white, worsted and I did a throw, you can always add more to the chain and more rows to make it larger.

For this pattern, all you need to know is how to CHAIN, how to SLIP STITCH and how to make a DOUBLE CROCHET.  

To start you want to chain 150 plus three. Working in the third chain from the hook, work two double crochets into this stitch (this is the only time you do not slip stitch first). Skip the next two stitches and slip stitch into the next stitch. Place two double crochets into the same stitch. 

Blanket stitch: For the blanket stitch you want to chain two and then continue the pattern (skip two stitches, slip stitch into the next one, place two double crochets, and so on). 

LITTLE Blanket Stitch: For the little blanket stitch you would only chain one (and then continue). 

The difference between the BLANKET STITCH and the LITTLE BLANKET STITCH is that the blanket stitch will lay flat the little blanket stitch will be bumpy.


No comments:

Post a Comment