Thursday, January 11, 2018

Freebie Friday - House Scarf

This week for Freebie Friday I am sharing a simple scarf pattern. I call this the "House" Scarf because it is inspired by a very popular movie and book series (out of respect I won't say which but it is quite obvious - which is why the pattern is free). There are four houses and each is represented by two colours (red/burgundy and gold, blue and dark grey, silver and green, yellow and black).

To start you want a 5mm or a 5.5mm (what I used) crochet hook. I chained 32 to start with, this seemed like the right size to match the movie version. If you want it thinner, by all means, make it less. I tried to match the movie version as close as I could. You can make changes if you want. Next, I created 20 rows of half double crochet in the dominant colour (red, blue, silver or yellow). After the twenty rows, I created 2 rows of half double crochet in the non-dominate colour (gold, dark grey, silver or black). Then I crocheted 4 rows of half double crochet in the dominant colour. And again 2 rows in the non-dominate colour.

This is the pattern I follow. I did half a scarf and make six sections (repeated the steps above six times). In the movies, the scarves are very long, and would probably be doubled. For practicality sake, that was too long for me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment