Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Review Wednesday - Pom-Pom Makers

This week I am going to talk about Pom-Pom Makers. These are things you don't really need, personally I have only used mine once, but they are nice to have around. More often than not, Pom-Poms are for hats, so if you make a lot of hats and would like to add pom-poms to them this makes the process a little easier. I like them I used them once and it didn't work too bad (chalk it up to inexperience on my part). I have also seen crafters make the same type of thing out of pieces of cardboard and it seemed to work well also. 

The main idea behind these is that they open up so you have two half circles. What you then have to do is wrap the yarn around each half as best/much as you can. Once that is done, you close the circle back up and in this case, clip it shut. Next, you want to put around the circle, making the yarn open up and away from the ring. Once you have cut all the way around you will tie another piece of string around what you just cut and tie it as tight as you can. Release the clip and open the circle up, you should have a perfect pom-pom that may just need a little trimming. 


No comments:

Post a Comment