Thursday, February 22, 2018

Movie Review: Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Let me start by saying I am a big fan of Star Wars. I have grown up watching Star Wars and my older brother is completely obsessed with the franchise including the extended universe. I have seen each previous installment numerous times and enjoy them each time. 

The Last Jedi is the 8th installment in the core movies. While many complained that The Force Awakens was too much like A New Hope (or simply "Star Wars" for the hardcore fans), The Last Jedi kind of just goes all over the place that made it feel really long with a lot of filler, it is NOT a retelling of The Empire Strikes Back.

Personally, I felt there was a lot of build up with a lot of let down. The Force Awakens made us ask questions, lots of questions that we hoped to get answered in The Last Jedi, or Episode 9. Instead, they throw a lot of it out the window and say it never mattered leaving a feeling a disappointment.

There were a few scenes that annoyed me, not only as a Star Wars fan but a movie fan in general. There is one scene in particular that still annoys me to this day. Anyone who sees the movie will know the exact scene I am talking about (Yes, that one). 

However, overall the Star Wars: The Last Jedi was still good. I enjoyed it an will watch it again. The story was good and the battles were epic and of course, who could forget the musical talents of John Williams who once again brings his best to conduct an amazing score, worthy of an Oscar. I am still wondering whats next, what will happen in Episode IX. What they did right, outweighs the things they did wrong in a tenfold.

If I had to give Star Wars: The Last Jedi a number ranking it would be 4/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment