Tuesday, March 10, 2020

HelloFresh Sub Box - Lemon Chicken and Goat Cheese [Salad] with Crisp Pear, Arugula and Citrus Vinaigrette (1/3)

Alright, take two. I already spent ten minutes writing this blog post and then I went to copy it for Blogger and accidentally pasted the link for the recipe and like that all my work was gone. This week we were still home for the holidays so my Mom was trying these recipes with us. My Mom is a picky eater herself and she didn't think she was going to like this. I didn't even think I would like all of this, I don't like pears at all. But we both LOVED this dish. I think it may be the best thing I have ever made from HelloFresh. So we had this salad tonight, and it was AMAZING. The Picky Eater I live with doesn't eat salad or anything that was in this one so all he had was chicken.

The only thing I changed for this recipe was the chicken. PE likes his chicken breaded so that is usually how we made it. It really isn't that much work, we simply season Italian breadcrumbs with salt and pepper and bread the chicken like that (you can also choose to coat the chicken in mayo before the breadcrumbs). It was very good, and the pears were much better than I expected. The only problem I had was that again, they asked for Sugar instead of sending Honey. I know Honey would work perfectly with this recipe because the had me make the same dressing with Honey beforehand. I don't usually add Sugar (mainly because we don't usually keep it in the house), but since I was home, we had Sugar and I did add it. I have to say this recipe is probably one that you do want the sweetness (unless you have your own Honey to substitute). The salty and sweet play well together and you wouldn't want to miss out on that.

Other changes I would make are just personal ones. The Goat Cheese was like a dollop of Sour Cream, except it was a little tart. I think if I was making it myself I would substitute that with Feta. Feta is a little saltier and I think it would pair well with the sweet and nuttiness. Also even though I enjoyed the warm pear, I would have probably gone with an apple instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment