Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Tri-Colored Sun-Dried Tomato and Feta Pizza with Tomato and Spinach Salad (2/3)

This recipe and the next I made on the same day. I found that these Pizzas for three people were not filling enough (my Mother and the Picky Eater I live with do not like spinach so they didn't have any of the salad). For me, it was filling because I had both components. I don't know if as a meat eater this would have been filling as a supper. Like it would fill you but you would probably be hungry quicker. 

The pizza was interesting. The first step was dehydrating the tomatoes. That was pretty easy to do and something told me I should try these things out first. They were AWFUL! Now I say this because I hate raisins which is what these tomatoes reminded me of. They had just that taste. My mother is not a huge fan of tomatoes but she tried these and agreed they tasted like raisins and she liked them. Needless to say, those did not go on my pizza! Instead, I used some of the tomatoes they sent for the salad. 

The salad that went with this was just basic. They had me add the (rest of the) tomatoes and spinach to a bowl and toss with balsamic vinegar and oil. I also added some Feta to this because I didn't use all of it on the pizza and because I like Greek Salads, which is what this one had me thinking of. That being said, some black olives would have been nice. This salad just gives you the sense that it was an afterthought. Throw some balsamic vinegar in boom quick salad and they didn't have to spend any more money to make the box. 

It was all very good don't get me wrong, just the salad felt like an afterthought. It just seemed like a good way to get rid of the leftovers without adding any cost to the bottom line. Like I said even just a few black olives would have made me feel better about this salad. 
This was for lunch one day. That night I made Steak Spiced Burgers and Disco Fries (from HelloFresh). You can check that blog post out next.

No comments:

Post a Comment