Wednesday, March 18, 2020

HelloFresh Sub Box - Pulled Chicken Sliders (1/3)

This one was an interesting meal. They sent eight buns for two people. So that means each person should have been able to have four sliders each. Now I am going to post a photo of how much chicken there actually was. Maybe I just filled them too much, but there really was no way you were getting eight mini sandwiches out of this. There were only two chicken legs so I am not sure how they thought we would make eight. We had a hard time making six even. Maybe if it would have been chicken breast instead, there would have been more meat. 


They were good overall. I really liked the coleslaw they had. I was a bit confused by the need for both a green mix and the coleslaw it was like a salad on top of coleslaw. But they were good. I liked that there was coleslaw left to eat just like that (the picky eater I live with doesn't eat coleslaw). It was a little spicy without the coleslaw and all the toppings but the creamy slaw helped cut the spice. 


This kind of reminds me of the chicken sandwich I make. The only real difference is the spring mix and the coleslaw. I add the bottled slaw dressing, just because I like the extra flavour and creaminess. This slaw was just mayo added. They are both good, I think it is just about preference. I also use white meat when I make chicken sandwiches instead again because that is what we prefer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment