Tuesday, February 11, 2020

HelloFresh Sub Box - Caramelized Onion Burgers with Garlic Aioli and Baked Cauliflower "Frites" (1/3)

This week was kind of an exciting week in my house. The Picky Eater (PE) I live with is actually going to eat all three of these meals! That is a minor miracle, to say the least. That is one of the major problems with these boxes, if you have dietary restrictions or have picky eaters, they can be hard to commit to. (Note you can always skip a week if you don't like the selection.) It's a little bit of an adventure, you are often forced to try something new or settle for certain things. Like I said before I often have the sides to myself because my PE either can't eat it or doesn't like it. I made this recipe on December 2nd, 2019.


This burger was pretty good, again there wasn't much meat. So it made two patties and that was it. The buns they sent were also a little strange, they were more like sandwich buns, and it was kind of a lot of bread for a hamburger. My PE doesn't like Greens, he doesn't like Mayo on his burgers and he doesn't like Onions, so his was pretty plan. And let's face it those are the things that make a burger look bigger than it actually is. The Cauliflower was delicious. It kind of reminded me of Mac and Cheese. Adding the Garlic-Mayo to it really made it creamy and I was very surprised. Again though the garlic was a problem. You don't really cook the Mayo so the garlic in it stayed raw, and as I said before I am not great at mincing by hand and don't have a garlic press, so that was a bit of a turnoff. Overall, a good meal I would say. The only thing I would have changed was maybe some cheese with the Cauliflower, which takes away from it being a healthy option but I think it could really rival Mac and Cheese for someone who maybe doesn't like vegetables all that much. 


(Side Note: I added a salad to this dish. You can see that in the photo. As I said my PE doesn't eat greens so there was a lot left and I had the Tomatoes from the Tomato Jam in one of the recipes in the last box. You can also see that the bun is much larger than the meat, you can't even see the meat in this photo. For reference, there was more cauliflower (285g) than there was meat (250g).  After cooking the meats shank of course and they definitely didn't cover the bun completely. Also, that was all the cauliflower they sent for two people. As you can probably tell since I added my own salad to it, there wasn't too much food here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment