Wednesday, February 12, 2020

HelloFresh Sub Box - Pan-Seared Steak au Jus with Warm Potato and Green Pea Salad (2/3)

I am going to start by saying I made this meal on December 4th, 2019. I had expected to make the Chicken meal we had ordered and the Chicken smelled disgusting. It smelled like can Salmon, and the Picky Eater I lived with agreed, it just smelled awful. So we had to throw that out and go to the next one. (As a note: This is the first time we find the meat smelled not good, but it isn't the last time, unfortunately.) 


Now just last week I talked about a Pan-Seared Steak with Peppercorn Pan Sauce and Warm Potato Salad. This recipe is the exact same thing except they didn't send Peppercorns. So a lot of my comments are the same. Again, I would add dill pickles for a little more crunch and flavour, but that's about it. I will say one thing that is different, this time they sent Green Peas instead of the Sugar Snapped Peas with a note that commented about "in the pursuit of quality" they made the substitution. I prefer the Sugar Snap Peas, but I appreciate they're comments. Again with this one, it was kind of like a gravy more than a sauce, and you have to work with it and eat pretty quickly. (You'll see in my photo it split on me - you can see the butter pooling.)


No comments:

Post a Comment