Tuesday, February 18, 2020

HelloFresh Sub Box - Chicken Yakitori-Style Bowl (1/3)

Today I made this recipe for myself basically. The Picky Eater (PE) that I live with only had the chicken from this box, so what you see in the photos is all the other ingredients (two servings). This one really seemed odd to me, maybe it is because I am not familiar with Japanese food, but I found it wasn't really for me. 



Again, they sent rice that I am not familiar with. I followed the instructions but it still wasn't the greatest. I also don't like Ginger so I didn't add that to this dish. (This was just a personal preference, and it may be why I found the flavours not as strong as it could be.) I did enjoy that everything was fried all in one pan, that was really great and a nice change from some of these recipes. I didn't find the sauce was enough though. I added more sauce myself and I found the chicken wasn't flavourful enough. (Maybe a sauce to cook in or a rub of some sort would have been better.) Overall, it was good, once I added the Soya Sauce I found it better, maybe I just like a lot of Soya Sauce. I liked the Edamame which was a surprise to me. I don't think I would make it again but it was a good meal and I wasn't disappointed by it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment