Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Open-Faced Mushroom Melt with Tomato-Shallot Jam, Dill-May and Sweet Potato (1/3)

This recipe I have to say was a little odd and confusing to me. I really didn't like the thought of Tomato-Shallot Jame, especially with Mushrooms. I didn't really think that through. They only sent two Portobello Mushrooms. And looking at the photo they send, you realize only four slices of Mushroom should go on each piece of bread. Needless to say, the Jam was a filler to make it look bigger and be more filling. Again I think I was lucky I ate this alone. They did send 2 Bun, so it technically made two each but in reality that one sandwich. You can see from my photo (below), that they didn't really send much cheese either and I tried to average out the number of mushrooms on each. I wouldn't really recommend this recipe (especially for the money) but the flavour was good.  I made this recipe on November 27th, 2019. 


Overall, I would have changed a few things. Instead of the Jam, I would have used Worcestershire Sauce along with the Balsamic Vinegar and made a panini instead. These buns are great but they were a lot of bread for not so much filling. Also, I would have probably used smaller mushrooms. That way you get more surface covered with them and they tend to be cheaper than Portobellos. I also didn't like the Dill Mayo for the sandwich and it didn't really add anything to the Sweet Potato Fries either. I would suggest just plain Mayo for the sandwich and a Spicy Mayo for the Fries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment