Wednesday, February 5, 2020

HelloFresh Sub Box - Pan Seared Steak with Peppercorn Pan Sauce and Warm Potato Salad (2/3)

This one was interesting. After making the last Potato Salad cold, I decided to actually try this one hot! SPOILER ALERT: it was DELICIOUS! I think it was the highlight of the meal for me and it really made me think of Warm Salads and how other salads might be perfect this way also. Really a lot of things to think about with this one. I made this recipe on November 28th, 2019. 

I am going to start with the Salad because that was the best part for me. The only thing I would have added would have been pickles. I guess it is just something in my head when I taste dill, I want pickles. But besides that it was great. The Pan Sauce was alright, I think it would have used a little cream though. It was kind of like a gravy more than a sauce, and you have to work with it and eat pretty quickly. 

(Note: I had a cereal bowl on the side of the remaining Potato Salad.)

No comments:

Post a Comment