Wednesday, February 19, 2020

HelloFresh Sub Box - Pan-Seared Steak with Potato and Sweet Pepper Hash (2/3)

I am just going to come out and say it, this meal didn't impress me much. (It wasn't a rocket scientist or Brad Pitt, which is pretty damn impressive.) I found it all a little bland and yet I just didn't feel like everything mixed real well. I think the concept may have been a good one but it really didn't come together well with this recipe. I made this dish on December 10th, 2019.


I really can't say anything bad about the Steak. Steak is steak, it is usually pretty good. However, this Potato Hash thing wasn't anything to write home about. It was just roasted potatoes and vegetables. And to be honest with you they had no flavour. They sent Rosemary for the Hash and I really don't think that worked. I find that though fresh is usually best when you are cooking something and hoping for the flavour, dried herbs work better. Fresh herbs (in my unprofessional opinion), are more for flavour after cooking or to infuse an oil with. It isn't exactly a pop of flavour when cooking just like that. I think all-around a spice mix would have been better. Probably the same spices you would put on a steak that way they could meld together. (This steak was only seasoned with Salt and Pepper.) I also didn't like the Au Jus. In theory, it would have been for both the steak and the Hash, but it was really overpowering for everything and there really wasn't that much. I would definitely try a different "sauce" in this case. 


No comments:

Post a Comment