Thursday, February 20, 2020

HelloFresh Sub Box - Mediterranean Falafel Bowl (3/3)

I was alone for this recipe so what you see is two servings. I was a little skeptical at first I must admit. From the outside, it just looked like a salad. And I really didn't think a salad with no meat would be filling enough for a dinner meal. I must say I was wrong. I don't know if exactly half filled me, but I think it would definitely be enough per person. You may want a little something on the side like bread or buns or something but you really don't miss the meat. (I made this recipe on December 13th, 2019.) 



There were a lot of elements to this so there was a lot of work to it but it wasn't anything too difficult and well worth it. The first step was to make the Freekeh. (Freekeh is a grain that is made from durum wheat. It seemed to act and cook like a rice so I would treat it similarly.) After that, I had to make the Za'atar Carrots (this was simply tossing the sliced Carrots with oil and the seasoning they sent. While everything was cooking I made the salad, they really seemed to stick to a Greek Style Salad and interchanged lettuce for Kale. The dressing was also very easy, it was just Lemon Juice, Oil and Sugar. This one I didn't mind so much (I didn't use sugar) because the lemon really complimented the flavours. 


Making the Salad was really the most work I had to do. Once everything was mixed, I just had to add the cooked carrots and falafels and drizzle the garlic-mayo over it. It was really simple and it came together quickly. Again this is one that didn't take many dishes or pans and stuff so that is a plus.


No comments:

Post a Comment