Wednesday, February 26, 2020

HelloFresh Sub Box - Country-Style Fried Steak with Garlicky Corn and Onion-Gravy (3/3)

This recipe was interesting. I wouldn't have called it really Country-Style but it was alright. I also made Green Beans on the sides since I was trying to use up the leftovers from the other meal I didn't make. Needless to say, there were a lot of leftovers from this meal. The Picky Eater (PE) I live with doesn't eat either of these sides so the photo is of two portions. 



The thing about this Chicken-Fried Steak was that it didn't seem to have much flavour. I think true southern-fried steak has more herbs and spices in the breadcrumbs. It really just seemed like this was a basic Shake N Bake type thing. (Shake N Bake is great, don't get me wrong, but in a Subscription box, you expect a little more.) I also think the Gravy is more of a cream-based (they sent sour cream but I felt that would be better for the potatoes and PE wouldn't have had any of the sauce if it had sour cream in it). And I think that would have worked better for this dish. 


No comments:

Post a Comment