Tuesday, January 21, 2020

HelloFresh Sub Box - Chicken Power Bowl with Seeds and Lemon Dressing (1/3)

Right off the bat, I have to say that I didn't and couldn't follow this recipe exactly. In the photo, the recipe uses Grape Tomatoes (you can tell by the length of them and that they look like Grapes). But in the ingredients, it says Cherry Tomatoes. It was, in fact, Cherry Tomatoes, which I am allergic to so I couldn't use them. Also, I don't like Cilantro (If you're interested in learning why some people love Cilantro and why some people find it tastes like soap, Forbes did an article about it here).  I will also state that I don't know how to cook Basmati Rice and it didn't work out the way it was supposed to I don't think. It was still a little crunchy (even though I followed the recipe). I made this recipe on November 12th, 2019. 


It was pretty good, I actually liked it. It was basically pan-fried chicken finished in the oven. And it was a makeshift stir-fry on a bed of rice. It was very easy to make and it made me think of Greek food. I personally added some leftover Capers to it, and I would have added Black Olives. In the same mindset, I would have probably changed the Cilantro for Oregano. 
One thing I didn't really enjoy was the "Lemon Dressing" it was basically Lemon Juice, Oil and Sugar (which I didn't add because I am not a fan of just adding plain sugar). I would have probably Pan-Fried Chicken Thighs (boneless with the skin on) and then made the sauce in the pan. I think this would have given more of a mustard flavour to the "Dressing" and it wouldn't have been so bland (a little butter would help too). 


No comments:

Post a Comment