Thursday, January 16, 2020

HelloFresh Subscription Box - Tomato Garlic Beef Spaghetti (2/3)

I still have high hopes for these subscription boxes and this recipe should be a slam dunk. Tomato Garlic Beef Spaghetti with Sweet Peppers and Zucchini. It sounds great and the photo looks great too. I made this recipe on November 8th, 2019. I was alone for this one so the photos are of two servings (my picky eater wouldn't have been able to eat this anyway). It wasn't much more work than normal spaghetti would have been and it was actually pretty good.


It doesn't take Gordon Ramsey to figure out the basic steps of this, chop vegetables, cook meat, boil water, cook pasta. It was pretty straight forward and there really wasn't anything to mess up. I liked that it only too a pot and a pan that was a nice change from all the bowls some of the recipes call for. I understand why there were only a few vegetables in this recipe, but I would add more if I had them on hand. Personally, I think mushrooms would have been a nice addition. I also think it needed more flavour. They send something called Tomato Passata which is basically just crushed tomatoes. And that has little to no flavour beyond Tomato. They also sent soy sauce, I am assuming to add flavour but it really didn't. They also sent Italian seasoning but in my opinion, that wasn't enough (Red Chili Pepper Flakes may have been a nice addition also.) 


Overall, it was delicious, I love that they sent a lot of Parmesan cheese so you could top yours off with however much you want. I think some of the changes I would make would be; more garlic. Garlic in the meat and with the veggies would have been nice. I think Zucchini pasta instead of spaghetti would have really changed this recipe to a step above. The flavours went well but it was very chunky and awkward and it would be nice to keep the flavour but have it come together better (you could always chop things smaller but keep in mind the zucchini will cook much quicker this way).


No comments:

Post a Comment