Wednesday, January 22, 2020

HelloFresh Sub Box - Italian Sausage Tortilla Involtini with Spinach Salad

This one was an interesting one. The description was a balance of sweet, savoury and creamy chessiness. This kind of reminded me of a Mexican Italian Fusion type thing. It seemed like a Mexican Lasagna or something like that. It was a little confusing I must admit but it was good. I didn't find the need for the salad. It was great also but it didn't "mix" with the meal so, it was a little out of place. I made this recipe on November 14th, 2019. 


The first step was to basically make tacos. I cooked the meat (it was Italian Sausage but any ground meat would do). And of course I added the vegetables after. Once all that was cooked though it kind of turned into Spaghetti Sauce. I added the spices and the Crushed Tomatoes and all that stuff and heated it up together. Once everything was warmed and cooked I had to stuff it into Tortillas. This was kind of messy and awkward. This is the first thing I would have changed. Either I would have made the Tortillas with the meat and vegetable mixture, rolled them and than made the sauce after, or I would have toasted this in the over and melted cheese over it before rolling them up. (You can also add the cheese to the plain tacos too.)  It was basically a lasagna after this. 


The salad was pretty underwhelming too. It was just Spinach and Peppers, I added Mushrooms I already had and some Croutons I made. It was alright, the Vinaigrette was basic (Vinegar, Oil and Sugar), and I really wasn't a fan of that. I would have rathered there be no Salad at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment