Monday, January 13, 2020

HelloFresh Subscription Box

So that is it for our GoodFood Subscription. I really enjoyed it and it gave me some great inspiration for recipes I hope to share with you in the future! Once that was done, we waited a little while to try this new sub box. (Spoiler alert, we kept it for a while.) HelloFresh is close to the same concept as GoodFood. When you first join they send you some papers and a cute little booklet telling you about themselves and their goal (this booklet also includes a list of things they expect you to have at home). One thing I do encourage you to pay attention to is the wording. I assumed that like GoodFood they were sticking with Canadian products and Canadian farms for their meals and that isn't the case. They strive to bring you the freshest food they can, while GoodFood made it clear they are dedicated to staying locally grown. That's the only real major difference I found. They both go delivered on a Monday, they were close to the same price. And the concept was the same, they give you the ingredients and the recipe and instructions. 
They also claim that their food is will stay fresh for up to a week (Monday to Sunday), and that any food they figure would not last that long would come with a warning either on the bag or recipe. That's good to know. I still to date haven't ordered any type of seafood but that is one of the examples mentioned. With GoodFood that wasn't really a problem because they froze their fish right away to "maximize" its freshness.


So this week is going to be three HelloFresh meals reviewed. I made these back in October so they aren't the meals you can get from HelloFresh currently; however, I did notice that a lot of recipes ideas are recycled or reused so something similar may be available. Either way, I am going to link the recipe when I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment