Wednesday, January 29, 2020

HelloFresh Sub Box - Mexican Pork Tacos with Sweet Corn and Lime Crema

This meal I made for just myself. It was actually pretty good, before this, I think I had Pork Tacos once in my life may be so was concerned a little that I wouldn't like them. I believe this is closer to authentic Mexican Tacos. "Tex-Mex" is what Americans and Canadians are probably used to. The main difference seems to be the toppings. While Tex-Mex usually has shredded cheese (and probably other toppings like lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, guacamole and things like that), Authentic Mexican Tacos seem to be just topped with simple ingredients, diced onions, a squeeze of lime juice, and sometimes Cremas. This is very different to what I am used to and it was interesting to try. I made this recipe on November 20th, 2019. 


This recipe was a good one, it was basically Taco Seasoning on Pork Strips. The only real complaint I had was that there wasn't much to eat. I was the only one eating so it was enough for me, but if two people would have to eat this meal, I really don't think there would have been enough.


There were about 16 - 18 strips of meat and you were supposed to make 3 tacos each (for a total of 6). That means that only three pieces could be in each taco (give or take). There were Corn and Peppers to add as toppings but to me, this really wouldn't have been enough for two people. There was also no sides so your meal was three tacos. They definitely weren't filled like the photo showed and they really weren't that filling by themselves. It was nice that you could control the spice yourself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment