Tuesday, January 28, 2020

HelloFresh Sub Box - Montreal-Spiced Bacon-Wrapped Steak with Garlic Beans and Creamy Mash

This meal really taught me a few things. One is to always check the ingredients. Even if you like the meal and assume you like everything in it, always check what they are sending you. My Picky Eater (PE) loves Steak and Bacon, but he is allergic to Corn and most Gluttons. The Bacon they sent in this bag was Corn Cob Smoked Bacon. That's not really something you would expect and clearly not something we wanted to chance him eating. So we had to substitute it with regular bacon. This isn't a big deal, but when you are paying over $22 a meal, you don't want to start having to buy other stuff also. I made this recipe on November 19th, 2019. 


To be honest with you besides the Bacon, I didn't have anything bad to say about this recipe. It was very good. The beans were nothing special but adding garlic was a nice little twist. The steaks were a little small, but you can't really expect much different from a subscription box. Without a doubt these Mashed Potatoes were AMAZING! I mean it wasn't anything spectacular, it was just Sour Cream, Butter and Milk, but they were very good. I think we all know, the more cream you add to a product the more creamy it gets. But I think a lot of us overlook Sour Cream unless it is staring us right in the face. (I also add cream cheese sometimes if I have it - the garlic one of course.


No comments:

Post a Comment