Thursday, January 23, 2020

HelloFresh Sub Box - Mongolian Beef with Garlicky Vegetables (3/3)

This was our last meal of this week. I have to admit I wouldn't have picked this myself but it was pretty good. I just didn't add what I knew I didn't like (the ginger mostly and the spicy pepper). I do like that most of their recipes can be modified to what fits you best. If this weren't the case, the Picky Eater I live with would never eat these things. I made this recipe on November 15th, 2019.


Alright, I am going to start by saying this rice thing is B.S. I don't think I made this rice correctly either. It was also a little chewy, and the instructions for this were not the most accurate. Also, there was not even close to enough rice in this bag. My Picky Eater (PE) wasn't eating this meal, and that's probably a good thing because there would have never been enough rice for both of us. To be honest with you, even in their photos on your website, it doesn't look like much rice. I am not sure if that is by design or just an oversight. In both their own picture and mine (below) you can see that there is barely enough rice to cover even the bottom of the saucepan, but when you look at the photos of the finished meal on their website you can see a lot of rice.


Overall, it was okay. I didn't put the Ginger in so I can't really comment on taste or what it was supposed to taste like. I can tell you though that I added Soya Sauce, like a lot of it. The rice was bland and I have a feeling even with the Ginger it probably still would have been bland. Chicken or Beef broth to boil it in would have been nice and probably gave the dish more flavour.



No comments:

Post a Comment